Friday, May 24, 2013

If I Were a Carpenter


If I were a carpenter
And you were a lady
Would you marry me anyway
Would you have my baby?

If I were an accountant
And you were an MP
I would add up your figures
And be amazed at your fiscal policy

If you were a fire officer
And I were a clown
And I had climbed a wonky tower of mirth
Would you help me down?

If I was a referee
And you were a Chelsea Chick
I’d never whistle you offside
And I’d award you a free kick

If I were a sailor
And you were the ocean blue
I’d dive into the water
And grow fins for you

If I was an Arctic explorer
And you were a painter
I’d build you an igloo
And we’d brave the long winter

I were a firework
Would your oohs!!!  be so loud
As I burst in the night sky
You would drown out the crowd

If I were a lady
And you were a carpenter
Would you carve me a necklace
With your heart in the centre?

No comments: