Friday, May 07, 2010

Back Seat Driver

A life moves relentlessly
From frame to frame
I watch it from the back row
In the dark

The detective
Knows who the villains are
All he has to do is catch them

Soon a few loose ends
May or may not get tied up
Someone will make a witty comment
And the credits will roll

Then maybe I’ll watch the prequel
Or stumble out into the cold
Streets of reality

Maybe I’ll book a ticket
Stroll along a crowded beach
My sun hat at a jaunty angle

But I’m tired
And even though these seats are uncomfortable
I’m going to have a snooze

Wake me up when it’s all over

2 comments:

Wastedpapiers said...

I've been to films like that too. The cinema is going down hill fast - what with all this 3D nonsense.
Grumble mumble!
I don't believe it! etc. etc.

Roger Stevens said...

Thank you, Wasted.