Sunday, April 18, 2010

Time Travel

They say we have no free will
Before we make a move
Before we think a thought
Our brains warm up the neurons
Prepare the muscles
Ready for the brain’s command.
Lifting a cup of tea.
Moving the blinds to glimpse the sunset
As though these small actions
Were pre-programmed
Like a film, perhaps.

Maybe our brains,
When we decide our unique and individual thoughts,
Simply slip back in time
To ready our bodies
For the deed.

Slip back in time.
A few moments.
That’s all it takes.

2 comments:

Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Magical, love it, I'm just wishing my body had been back in time and already tidied the kitchen. Nope it's all still there shucks! Aptly for my kitchen word rec says biner with the word line in the middle it almost works.

Wastedpapiers said...

I will think about that next time I have a cup of tea.