Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Under Construction 6

Don’t let your bits go to sleep
Be careful with your leg draped over the arm of the chair
Or you’ll stand up
And promptly fall over again
Like you did on Tuesday
Knocking the cup of hot chocolate, drinking chocolate
Over the new, cream carpet
And surprising the cat
Who leapt between Mum’s legs
Just as she was carrying the chain saw
From the kitchen into the back room
Dropping it and inadvertently turning it on
And sawing the TV in half

All I’m saying is
Be careful, that’s all.

4 comments:

Doda said...

Hilarious! I'll be careful!

Wastedpapiers said...

I can't be sorry for people who are foolish enough to have a cream carpet!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Thank goodness it was only the TV that got cut in half as it might have been Granny.

Sue hardy-Dawson said...

I'm smiling because Mark once answered a cup full of hot coffee when the phone rang. I only buy carpets that look stained it saves time.

My mum once bought me a cream carpet I think she'd forgotton who I was.