Friday, February 13, 2009

The Chocolate Fairy

Last night
The chocolate fairy
Came to my room
While I slept
And took away my chocolate.

My brother said, Yes –
You have to be very careful
Where you put your chocolate
When you go to bed
In case the Chocolate Fairy comes.

And so the next night
I hid it under my pillow.

In the night
I woke up.
Someone was feeling under my pillow.
It was my brother.

Just checking, he said,
That your chocolate is safe
In case the Chocolate Fairy comes.

And I thought, Hmmm…
I wonder if there’s
A Big Brother Fairy.

(This is from the collection I’m currently getting together for younger children.)

6 comments:

Wastedpapiers said...

Nice. I think the younger kids will love it - that mixture of fairies and chocolate - you can't go wrong.
What about a mixture of elfs and toffee? Or pixies and candy floss?


word verification nearly says -"scorchio!"

Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Ah so that's who nicks all my chockys - just as well you told me I keep telling off the kids. Love it Roger, kind of brought to mind the Michael Rosen one about eating all the chocolate cake, one of my favourites yum!

Have to say WP I've never tried mixing fairies with chocolate I think you'd better there aught to be some flour too or the mixture might curdle.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

And I thought it was my wife. Now I know.

your word verification is nonce. Hmmm, what can one say?

Roger Stevens said...

Hmmm

This time it was enchead.

I wonder what an enchead is?

When Jill and I first met we wrote a story called the Blood Fairy.

Oooer...

Wastedpapiers said...

Is that where you have to put some blood under the pillow and when you wake up its been exchanged for a sixpence? How romantic. Hazel and I used to collaborate a lot when we first met- doing mail art 'zines and joint slushy stamp sheets etc. Not so much these days. Ah the sweet creativity of young love!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Yes, me and mine too!
Slash the old wrist with a rusty razor, collect the drops in a plastic bag (from Waitrose of course) and shove it in under the duvet.
Oh the screams when ones foot touches the blob of plastic blood.

What a hoot!

Happy Valetines day dear.