Sunday, October 10, 2004

Paradise Mislaid

Jill is still in the States. Having a great time. She visited the Texas State Fair yesterday. Yeeehaw! Me? I’m feeling a bit lonely. A whole week of school visits coming up. I’ll be feeling cream-crackered by Friday. Tomorrow I’m at a secondary school. I’ll mainly be reading from my verse-novel for teenagers – The Journal of Danny Chaucer (Poet)

What it is to be a teenager! Here’s a sample poem –

Paradise Mislaid

As humankind destroys the planet
My thoughts turn frequently to Janet

As rainforests are stripped and land laid bare
I think of Janet in her underwear

As acid rain falls from the sky above
I think of me and Janet making love

What chance has humankind of saving this fair planet?
About the same as I have ever making it with Janet

(Actually her name isn't Janet
but Jenny doesn't rhyme with planet)


For more info or to purchase book click here!


7 comments:

Stan said...

The teenage mind in a nutshell!!

Jonathan said...

Thought you were talking about Janet Jackson for a minute...

amiethinggoes said...

Change her name into Janet...hmmm that is cheating.

Wastedpapiers said...

I wonder if she'll bump into Angelica - she goes to fairs in Texas? Good luck with your week in schools. Sounds pretty scary!

sylviasometimes said...

Being a teenager seemed like great fun at the time, but I
don't think I would like to repeat those years. Actually
the present is good. Sorry you are feeling a little down...
put on some music, grab a book...or finish that book you've
been working on. Oh my, Sue's sniffing around some of Jon's
work he left on the floor. Better go rescue before she eats
it! Have a great week...hey, kids are fun!

Argentyne said...

You're amazing! Great funny poem :).

Roger Stevens said...

Jill's coming home. Hurrah!!!!!

Gets kinda lonely on my own.

Her blog is http://jillyjargon.blogspot.com/

XXX

y'awl